RetroShare is being developed by people in their free time, so help no matter how small is always appreciated. There are many things that can be done and you don't necessarily have to be a programmer to help RetroShare.
- know C/C++/Qt you can fix bugs and implement new features
- are a designer you can improve the GUI appearance
- know how to create packages for your OS, you can become a maintainer / packager
- are using RetroShare regularly, help newcomers by improving the documentation
- are nothing of above: test and report bugs, help translating, promote RetroShare
If you are a programmer, you can help us by improving and extending the source code:
- New features
- Feature improvements
- Bug Tracking
- Code cleaning
- Porting to a new platform
Look in the Developers Corner
You can help by translating RetroShare to a new language or improving the existing translations. For instructions, see Translation
Maintainer / Packager
If you know how to package for your special distribution/OS, please do so. Help us port RetroShare to as many platforms as possible.
Help us give the best support to everyone!
A few examples how you can help with your design skills:
- Repair and update the websites
- Clean up the RetroShare GUI
- Create new stylesheet skins
- Create new icons, screenshots, etc...
You can test RetroShare and report the bugs you find.
You can help to promote RetroShare:
- Subscribe to RetroShare on Freecode!
- Speak of RetroShare to your friends, colleagues, family and so on