Help on how to use/edit a wiki can be found on MediaWiki or Wikipedia
The RetroShare wiki uses the Translate extension to translate wiki pages to other languages.
If you want to translate a page, first make sure, it's not currently worked on or likely to be changed in the future. Otherwise parts of your translation might become invalid and you work is lost. This also applies for pages which are not up to date, those pages should first be updated and then translated.
Prepare a page for translation
- Edit the page
- At the very top of the page add:
- At the bottom add:
- Save the page
- On the top of the page "Mark this page for translation" is now shown. Click it
- The wiki now shows a list of sections. These sections will all be translated separately and if something is changed in one section, only the translation for this section has to be updated.
- Click "Mark this revision for translation"
Translate a page
Once a page is prepared for translation, "Translate this page" is shown on the top.
- Click "Translate this page"
- A list of the sections of the page are shown.
- Select the language you want to translate and click "Fetch".
- Click on a section link and start translating!
A more detailed description can be found on the extension's help wiki: