retroshare-nogui has a remote control interface. This allows you to control a running retroshare-nogui from another computer, your Android phone, or from a web interface.
You have to know :
For access from the internet, you have to know :
Setup according the OS
Setup on Linux
- Copy a working .retroshare config directory from an existing system. (There may be an alternate to this, but it seems to be required).
- Create a ssh-key. It will be used to encrypt the connection between retroshare-nogui and the remote client.
Do not set a password, just press enter when asked.
ssh-keygen -t rsa -f rs_ssh_host_rsa_key
- Create a password hash. This password is only for remote control. It has nothing to do with your Retroshare password.
- Run retroshare-nogui and choose a port and a arbitrary username
for SSH access
RetroShare-nogui -X -S <port> -L <username> -P <passwordhash>
for RPC access
RetroShare-nogui -C -X -S <port> -L <username> -P <passwordhash>
- Note: at the end of this page, there is a list of available RPC-clients
Setup on Windows
A. Find the folder
First you have to find the folder where retroshare-nogui.exe is :
- You have the portable package? Then you probably know where retroshare-nogui is located. Continue with next step ("Create a ssh-key").
- You used the installer?
- Press Windows + r, type in
%programfiles%/RetroShare, press enter
- If this does not work, try
B. Create a ssh-key
Download and run puttygen.exe http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/puttygen.exe
Click on Generate to generate a new ssh-key
Click on Conversations->Export OpenSSH key
Yes, you want to save this key without passphrase
Navigate to the folder where retroshare-nogui is. Save the key as rs_ssh_host_rsa_key
Press Windows + r, type in cmd, press enter
Use the command cd (change directory) to go the directory where retroshare-nogui is. Type in (or paste) one of the follow commands, then press enter
use this command to create the password hash:
for SSH access :
retroshare-nogui -X -S <port> -L <username> -P <passwordhash>
for RPC access :
retroshare-nogui -C -X -S <port> -L <username> -P <passwordhash>
at the end of this page, there is a list of available RPC-clients
To create a shortcut, choose retroshare-nogui as destination, and add the arguments like above.
Access according the protocol
If you know what SSH is, then you probably find out how to connect to retroshare-nogui.
MORE DETAILS ARE WELCOME !, PLEASE COMPLETE THIS WIKI.
retroshare-nogui has only a very basic terminal interface. For more control, use one of the RPC-clients below.
RPC access : list of clients
- RSSSHClient : GUI client written in C# - https://github.com/sehraf/RSSSHClient
- RetroShare Android client - https://github.com/electron128/RetroShare-Android-Client
- ncurses interface - https://github.com/Ralfk2/ncrsc
- webinterface written in phython - http://retroshareteam.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/retroshares-web-interface/
- webinterface written in perl - http://sourceforge.net/projects/retroflux/
- retroshame: python chatbot - https://github.com/autoscatto/retroshame