Private Forum

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.

Private Forum

Postby pangaway » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm interested in using Retroshare to set up a forum for a few friends. I'm not keen of the headache of managing a server, so RS seems like a good fit, allowing the users to pitch in on bandwidth and space. I'm am, however, concerned about the forum contents "leaking" to the general public through turtle hopping. Is there any way to restrict access to a known group of people? Also, what happens with files uploaded within the forum?
pangaway

Re: Private Forum

Postby electron » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:27 pm

pangaway wrote:I'm am, however, concerned about the forum contents "leaking" to the general public through turtle hopping. Is there any way to restrict access to a known group of people? Also, what happens with files uploaded within the forum?

Private forums/channels/posted are on the roadmap. The feature is called "circles" and is already integrated into the forum distribution mechanism of RSv0.6. It is just missing a nice GUI to manage circles with drag and drop and it needs more testing.
Files should of course respect the circle settings. There is no per-file permission system yet, only the per-directory setting. We have to add this feature.
electron

Return to General RetroShare discussion