Bug In style sheets on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS

*nix specific usage questions

Bug In style sheets on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS

Postby manymarksforall » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:22 am

Hello, first time poster here, I seem to have discovered a bug with retroshare on xubuntu 14.04 LTS that I couldn't find any mention of on the forum so I thought I'd share it. in the style sheet drop-down menu under options > appearance > style sheet it would appear "standard (built-in)" and a blank space are the only options to choose from, regardless of the choice of style(being Windows, Motif, CDE, Plastique, GTK+ and Cleanlooks). I was under the impression there are several other style sheets to choose from, and I can't figure out what has happened. I can provide any other information about my system that's needed to help address this problem.

Thanks you!
manymarksforall

Re: Bug In style sheets on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS

Postby defnax » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:54 pm

You mean about StyleSheets? and Not Style Combobox?
You had on Xubuntun stylesheets? i think only the Standard builtin, thats not a bug. or you was before on Windows and you used extern stylesheets?
I think the stylsheets are not shipped on linux packages, you need to copy app dir path and restart RetroShare.

Stylesheets at the moment only shipped for Windows Packages/Installers.
defnax
Site Admin

Postby manymarksforall » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:05 pm

No, I'm not using combobox or any windows related software, I installed the retroshare program from http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/downloads.html by following the instuctions in the ubuntu section. "Xubuntun" doesn't appear as an option in the style sheets dropdown menu under options > appearance > style sheet. How and where do I get the style sheets to copy into my system, if possible?
manymarksforall

Postby defnax » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Copy the Dir "qss" to Application dir path and restart RetroShare. In the same dir where is your RetroShare06 binary.
https://github.com/RetroShare/RetroShar ... ui/src/qss
defnax
Site Admin

Postby manymarksforall » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:04 pm

I'm having a hard time finding the directory with the binary file, as various parts of retroshare end up in different folders in*buntu when installed. I have /home/me/.retroshare/, /usr/bin/RetroShare06, and various others. Is there any other information I can give you that would help?
manymarksforall

Postby Distro » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:10 am

defnax wrote:Copy the Dir "qss" to Application dir path and restart RetroShare. In the same dir where is your RetroShare06 binary.

This is not how things are done on Linux.

The skins should normally be in /usr/share/RetroShare06/qss/, I think.
Distro

Postby manymarksforall » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 am

Thank you Distro, that worked perfectly. Copying the /qss/ folder to usr/share/RetroShare06 displayed all the themes in rs after a full system restart. It's worth mentioning you need root access to modify those folders, so I ran gksu thunar. Thanks again guys, this is excellent.
manymarksforall

Return to RetroShare for Linux and friends