Style Sheet bug in Xubuntu 14.04 LTS

*nix specific usage questions

Style Sheet bug in Xubuntu 14.04 LTS

Postby manymarksforall » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:15 am

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has faced a similar problem; my style and style sheet drop down menus in options > appearance appear to be missing several options. Under Style I have Windows, Motif, CDE, Plastique, GTK and Cleanlooks, but under the Style Sheet drop down menu I have a blank space and "standard (built in)" as my only two options, for all six of the Style options. All of the options have on thing in common however, they're all very bright on my screen at night, and I was hoping to use a darker style sheet. Has anyone had to deal with this before? I can't seem to find anything similar on the forums thusfar.

Thank you for your time.
manymarksforall

Re: Style Sheet bug in Xubuntu 14.04 LTS

Postby Distro » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:05 am

Looks like this post was left in the moderation queue for a while… Anyway, if you select the "blank" style sheet (the one that has no name) and the Gtk style in the Qt options, then Retroshare should use your system Gtk theme.

The only problem is the devs sometimes hardcode colors and for example the channels will be unreadable if you use a dark theme, as well as your friends list and some nicknames in the chat lobbies.
Distro

Return to RetroShare for Linux and friends