RS doesn't download/sync

*nix specific usage questions

RS doesn't download/sync

Postby nake » Sun May 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Hello all.

I've been messing with RS for a while now and I'm having some trouble.
For some reason I can't download any file from my friends, not even cache files. I can however upload my cache and normal files to them. I have DHT working and manually port forwarded both UDP and TCP the port in my configuration screen. I can also send messages to my friends and they do receive them, it's just the file sharing part that doesn't work.

I've tried recompiling everything and once it worked for a day or so but then stopped working again. I don't know if I did something that caused this but I've checked all I could think it could be blocking the connection without any success.
First, tools like canyouseeme.org say that my port is open and there is a service behind it (sadly it only checks TCP). I've checked my NAT firewall and it says both TCP and UDP ports are forwarded. I've even installed another RS in a virtual machine without any kind of firewall between them and the problem persists between them. My local iptables is empty, and nmap says ports are open on both RS.

I'm using the latest 0.5.5 version from the svn with an small patch:
Code: Select all
$ LC_ALL=C svn diff
Index: libretroshare/src/ft/ftdatamultiplex.cc
===================================================================
--- libretroshare/src/ft/ftdatamultiplex.cc     (revision 8227)
+++ libretroshare/src/ft/ftdatamultiplex.cc     (working copy)
@@ -931,6 +931,8 @@
        {
                std::cerr << "Cannot fseek/read from file " << filename << " at position " << (uint64_t)chunk_number * (uint64_t)ChunkMap::CHUNKMAP_FIXED_CHUNK_SIZE << std::endl;
                fclose(fd) ;
+               delete[] buf ;
+               return false ;
        }
        fclose(fd) ;

As I said, it has worked for some time, but now I can't download anything at all. Download list says that there is 0(1) peers for the cache files, and when I expand them I can see that my friend is connected and all green, but it just doesn't start downloading. I even have a file half-downloaded that doesn't continue anymore, and I'm 100% sure that my friend still has it. After a while cache files disappear from the download list.

The console just spams this:
Code: Select all
Asserting that at least 3 are dedicated to user transfers.
  collected 0 transfers to move.

I'm using debian testing, kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt9-3 (2015-04-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is there a way to debug where it's failing? Does anyone have any idea on what to try to fix this?

Thanks in advance
nake

Re: RS doesn't download/sync

Postby cave » Fri May 15, 2015 4:55 am

hi

does your friend share this file directly?
do you have file sharing enabled? (turtle routing)
does your friend has file sharing enabled for you? (turtle routing)

if you are connected you do not need to check your ports, because you are already connected!

do you want to download a file which is only available via mutual friends?
cave

Re: RS doesn't download/sync

Postby nake » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

> does your friend share this file directly?
Yes, files are shared directly, we are the only 2 connected.
> do you have file sharing enabled? (turtle routing)
I do have turtle routing enabled (Checkbox under options, server panel, 3rd tab)
> does your friend has file sharing enabled for you? (turtle routing)
My friend's RS folder where the file is in is configured to be accessible by anyone (all 3 options are selected, anonymous, all friends, and selected groups, tho no groups exist).
> do you want to download a file which is only available via mutual friends?
What do you mean? It's just a file in his shared folder, and we are the only 2 connected.

Also, the problem is not only with a single file... as I said cache downloads also fail (uploads do work), so he can see my shared files and download them but I can't see his, nor download them.
I can find files using the search option, but they don't get peers even if my friend is connected.

More info about my configuration just in case it helps:
I have signed his certificate and set him as trusted, so has him about me.
I have advanced mode enabled.
Manually forwarded ports.
Bandwidth set to Up:200k, Down:50k
Turtle enabled, 20 tunnels forwarded/second. Routing info shows connection to my friend.
Transfer: Max simultaneous downloads 5, slots for non-cache 3
Relay connections enabled, use relay servers disabled.
Relay options: Friends: 1 (2kB/s per link), Friends of friends: 1 (1kB/s), General: 1 (1kB/s), Total: 3.
Folders: Specific group selected (which my friend belongs to) and anonymous connections enabled.

His configuration is exactly the same but the relay options where he has 0 for friends (I tried changing that to 0 in mine and restarting but didn't change anything as I expected).

Any idea?
nake

Return to RetroShare for Linux and friends