Retroshare fails to build on Debian testing 64

*nix specific usage questions

Retroshare fails to build on Debian testing 64

Postby esuz » Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 am

Hi,

I have successfully built retroshare 0.5.3b on debian some time ago. Now it fails.

I checked out the svn source and when I do

> qmake
> make

in retroshare/libretroshare/src

I get this

http://pastebin.com/xXuWEe1w

Can anyone point me to the right direction? Are there any configure scripts or something?

Best regards,
e.
esuz

Re: Retroshare fails to build on Debian testing 64

Postby claudex » Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 pm

I've got the same error. I'm on Debian sid amd64 and I used gcc-4.6 since it failed with gcc-4.7
claudex

Postby Castalba » Tue May 29, 2012 12:57 pm

claudex wrote:I've got the same error. I'm on Debian sid amd64 and I used gcc-4.6 since it failed with gcc-4.7

But it works on 4.6, doesn't it?
http://www.intellectsoft.net/
Last edited by Castalba on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castalba

Postby jBZTxCf679 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Looks related to libupnp. Here is a bug report related to amule which also uses it:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=670962

I copied one of the patches linked and retroshare now builds. I've attached the change I made. I made this change on the a checkout of trunk.

http://pastebin.com/qFUnuDYa
jBZTxCf679

Postby marco44 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi,

Did any of you report this as a bug ? I don't see anything in the bugzilla.
marco44

Postby whurling » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 am

I think I have the same thing. Im on a debian wheezy amd64 machine and trying to compile RetroShare-v0.5.3c. This is what I get:

Code: Select all
root@comrade:/home/whurling/Stuff/compile/trunk/libretroshare/src# qmake
root@comrade:/home/whurling/Stuff/compile/trunk/libretroshare/src# make
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -g -fno-omit-frame-pointer -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -fPIC -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DPQI_DISABLE_TUNNEL -DRS_USE_BITDHT -DUBUNTU -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I. -I../../libbitdht/src -I../libbitdht -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include/ -I. -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include/upnp -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -o temp/linux-g++-64/obj/UPnPBase.o upnp/UPnPBase.cpp
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp: In constructor ‘CUPnPControlPoint::CUPnPControlPoint(short unsigned int)’:
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:943:37: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp: In member function ‘char* CUPnPControlPoint::getInternalIpAddress()’:
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1028:42: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp: In static member function ‘static int CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)’:
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1325:14: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1322:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1335:35: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1322:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1382:13: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1382:32: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1408:16: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1407:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1415:34: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1407:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1419:38: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Discovery’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1429:34: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1428:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1431:39: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1428:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1431:58: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1448:15: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1446:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1451:18: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1446:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1480:12: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1474:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1486:18: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1474:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1489:39: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Event_Subscribe’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1518:14: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Action_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1516:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Action_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1521:12: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Action_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1516:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Action_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1522:12: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Action_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1526:12: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_Action_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1541:15: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_State_Var_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1539:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_State_Var_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1544:18: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_State_Var_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1539:10: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_State_Var_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1547:63: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_State_Var_Complete’
upnp/UPnPBase.cpp:1547:102: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct CUPnPControlPoint::Callback(Upnp_EventType, void*, void*)::Upnp_State_Var_Complete’
make: *** [temp/linux-g++-64/obj/UPnPBase.o] Error 1

This guy installed libunpn3. Could it be because of that? I have libunpn6 installed and when I tried to install libupnp3, it kindly informed that I have libupnp6 already. Any clues what to do next?

Cheers!
whurling

Postby esuz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:23 pm

problem persists 053c
esuz

Postby cekoissa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:56 pm

whurling wrote:This guy installed libunpn3.[/url] Could it be because of that? I have libunpn6 installed and when I tried to install libupnp3, it kindly informed that I have libupnp6 already. Any clues what to do next?

It is related to libupnp.
I have Retroshare working fine in testing amd64 with libupnp3.
In my case, the latest VLC update pulls libupnp6 which is not coinstallable with libupnp3.
Updating VLC and thus replacing libupnp3 with libupnp6 would have removed retroshare.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=670562

Cheers,
CK
cekoissa

Postby Caca » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 am

Groove up groove up !
Rough comme une louve, si t'as le savoir faire, for the 64bits Debian builds ... this issue is interesting me, I hope it can be settled with.
Isn't it possible for retroshare to use libupnp6 instead of 3 to "solve" this ?
Caca

Postby Distro » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Recent revisions should handle both libupnp3 and libupnp6.
Distro

Next

Return to RetroShare for Linux and friends