Completing downlaod problems with 0.5.4a version

Mac OS X specific usage questions

Completing downlaod problems with 0.5.4a version

Postby Alkymist » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Dear all,

I noticed a problem with downloadings on Mac with version 0.5.4a.

When friends working with version 0.5.3b or older are requested for files, the 0.5.4a verison on Mac downloads all bytes but gets stuck at the end, for a few minutes (Waiting or Downloading Status), and after, it starts downloading another file, while the completed file is left in the Queued state. By looknig at the Selected Transfer chunk map, all chunks are compelted but showed in yellow. Sometimes it is possible to recover the file from the partial directory but several times the file results corrupted.

If two friends works both with 0.5.4 installed, the systems works correctly.

Please let me know. I would express the gratitude by myself and friedns for this wonderful programs (bugs happens, when people is working hard...!!!!! but tte final result is excellent)

Re: Completing downlaod problems with 0.5.4a version

Postby csoler » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 am

It's not realyl a bug, but a side effect of the progressive change in the way to verify files.

In 0.5.4b, we ask for chunks checksums to the the source. If the source is 0.5.4, it does not know how to respond => the client is never able to verify his chunks.

We're goign to release a 0.5.4c for all plateforms in less than 2 weeks. Once you upgrade, you'll be able to finish your downloads. If they happen to re-start from 0, do a force-check then, you'll recover whatever is already downloaded.

For the moment, you can copy the partial file from the Partials/ directory and rename it. If the download is finished (or stuck in checking mode) it will work.

Changing the file checking system is for the best, and we try to limit side effects.
Sorry for that!

Return to RetroShare for MAC OS X