How do I delete a Friend

Mac OS X specific usage questions

How do I delete a Friend

Postby TheWatcher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 am

On OSX in RS I want to delete a friend completely. How is this accomplished? I read somewhere else that the keys are in the ~/.retroshare/pgp directory but I notice in this directory that there are only 3 files and I think they're mine.
TheWatcher

Re: How do I delete a Friend

Postby csoler » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:16 am

for the moment, it's not possible to remove a key from the keyring inside RetroShare. You can do this however using gpg:

gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ~/.retroshare/pgp/retroshare_public_keyring.gpg --delete-keys [key id to be deleted]

Do that while RS is not running, otherwize it's going to re-write the missing key in the keyring.
csoler

Postby QOS » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:50 pm

What is gpg?

For those of us not as in the know about this as you are, could you make your explanation clearer and more precise please as I have no idea where to do this when my computer isn't running:"

gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ~/.retroshare/pgp/retroshare_public_keyring.gpg --delete-keys [key id to be deleted]
QOS

Postby Distro » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 pm

QOS, with the latest versions of RS you don’t need to use gpg anymore. On the “Friends” page, click on the “Keyring” tab, then right-click on any line and select “Remove unused keys…”.
Distro

Return to RetroShare for MAC OS X