NAT light stays red

Mac OS X specific usage questions

NAT light stays red

Postby retrorick » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 pm

I have forwarded TCP and UDP port 59687 on my router. canyouseeme.org reports that the port is open. But in Retroshare the NAT light stays red. It briefly turns amber after loading, then goes back to red. What is the problem?

I amusing RetroShare 0.5.3b on OS X Lion 10.7.3
retrorick

Re: NAT light stays red

Postby HenryHayek » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:12 am

I appear to have the same problem. It says I've got a "Nasty Firewall." I tried forwarding the ports in my router that were shown as the internal and external ports in RetroShare's settings but for some reason it simply knocked my router off of the internet. I don't think that was related to RetroShare though.

If I figure it out I'll post, but otherwise any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to share with anyone still because of this problem. Thanks!
HenryHayek

Postby jbrown » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:40 pm

I've just installed RetroShare 0.5.3b rev 4971 on Mac OS 10.6.8, and port forwarding worked fine. I have a router without UPNP, so I have to do it manually anyway. I'm using port 7812 for both local and external, with RetroShare set to "Manual Forwarded Port", forwarded for all protocols in my router. NAT is green. DHT is also green, when selecting "Public: DHT & Discovery".
jbrown

Postby jbrown » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:40 am

My NAT light went red, although I didn't change anything. (?) But I can still connect to a chat server, chat lobbies, channels, forums etc., and can download files from channels. So maybe we should just ignore the red light. ;)
jbrown

Postby HenryHayek » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:52 am

Still haven't found a solution to this problem. I have forwarded ports multiple times. Right now I have 16999-17000 as both internal and external ports with "manual port forwarding" selected in RetroShare with no success. (RetroShare is set to the same ports obviously) NAT still shows red with "Nasty Firewall" appearing below it. Does anyone have any additional insight into this problem? I cant connect to anyone at all while its like this it seems.
HenryHayek

Postby Naserich » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:36 am

I had a chat about this days ago. There the problem wasnt the Router, it was the locally installed firewall, which was blocking the port.

Please check, if a local firewall is installed.
Naserich

Postby kakiwar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Has anyone found a solution. I'm using v0.5.4a on 10.8.2 and getting red NAT and green DHT.
kakiwar

Return to RetroShare for MAC OS X