Can't see anyone in the chat lobbies

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.

Can't see anyone in the chat lobbies

Postby h8chanz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 am

Windows 8
Retroshare 0.6

I've added chatasaurus as a friend, and now I'm able to see the chat lobbies. Each lobby I click on then displays the number of peers in the right pane, but when I enter the lobby I never see anyone there. When I click on "People" I see a large list of people, but when I right-click one of them and then click "Chat with this person" the chat-box just says "Tunnel is pending" and it just hangs like that forever. Doesn't matter if the person last used the service just a few seconds ago.

Could my VPN or Antivirus be messing things up? Windows Firewall allows access to retroshare and I have no other third-party firewalls at the moment.

I'm just trying to make my first two-way connection with someone. Even if someone here could PM me with a certificate that would be great. I want to make sure that I have an actual connection before I start messing around with trying to get Tor to work, etc.
h8chanz

Re: Can't see anyone in the chat lobbies

Postby Distro » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Is your clock set to the correct time and time zone?
Distro

Postby h8chanz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:00 am

Actually no. I'll try it again.

Plus I'm using a VPN, would that cause any conflicts?
h8chanz

Postby cave » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:53 am

if you see a lobby, and no users or no talk, its because all is surpressed by your client because your time zone is wrong...

get your time setting right, and you should be able to see some chatters.

inside the chat its easy to bootstrap and add other real persons. for testing or for real use.
cave

Postby Distro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:19 pm

h8chanz wrote:Plus I'm using a VPN, would that cause any conflicts?

No, not for the chat lobbies.

It may cause you troubles for connecting with friends (due to a non redirected port or changing IP address, or even internet security software blocking the VPN IP address), but should not be an issue as far as the chatservers are concerned.
Distro

Return to RetroShare for Windows