Encrypted Communication Platform Project

Discussion about forum rules, new moderators, website content, website layout, RetroShare artwork etc..
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post RetroShare usage related questions.

Encrypted Communication Platform Project

Postby Drazer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Hello Guys ,
Im a Student of Computer Science 2nd Year and I have Selected My project Topic as Encrypted Communication Platform.
And Im Gona Develop Platform Based On Java Code Next Year.
So Can U please Guide Me with It.

Thanking You In Anticipation. :)
Drazer

Re: Encrypted Communication Platform Project

Postby drbob7 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Building an Encrypted Communication Platform is a big task.

I would suggest finding an existing platform that you like, and trying to add a new feature to it instead. Obviously, you need to discuss this with the Project Developers, and your university lecturers - to make sure it is suitable.

We'd love to have to help out with Retroshare development, but as RS is written in C++, Java wouldn't really work.

If you are still keen on building your own platform. The first step is choosing an basic architecture (Mesh, or F2F, etc). How are peers going to find each other? how do they connect to each other?

Then I'd look for suitable security and networking libraries. Someone's probably done most of the hard work for you already.
drbob7

Return to Forum, Website and Artwork discussion