How to fix English typos?

If you want to help the RetroShare team and project, you can do some small tasks. Designers, testers, translators, please come...
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post RetroShare usage related questions.

How to fix English typos?

Postby tony » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 am

I'd like to fix some mistakes in the English texts in the retroshare gui, so I went through the whole transifex registration and confirmation process. Now I can see the English texts but it looks like I can't edit them until I'm approved to "join the team"?

So I requested to join the team and just got "Page not found - Looks like you followed a bad link." Refreshed and repeated with the same result, so now I'm wondering if it's not allowed to join the English team because it's the "source language"? Are the English texts handled differently (by editing the source code?) or is this just a mistake that the joining didn't work for me?

(As I test I tried to join the German team too, and this did appear to send the request properly. Now my transifex profile says that I have requested to join the German team, but doesn't say anything about the English team)
tony

Re: How to fix English typos?

Postby electron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Beluga or Thunder should know this, so contact them.
electron

Postby tony » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:26 pm

And how do I do that? If I look at the members of this forum, there are no users by those names.

There's also nothing mentioned on the Translation wiki page.
tony

Postby tony » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:06 pm

OK, so I figured how to contact "Beluga" and got a really fast reply.
For anyone else wanting to help with the English texts, apparently you don't need to bother registering with (and confirming your email address with) Transifex, because according to Beluga "it doesn't work through Transifex".

If I eventually manage to figure out a way to contribute to this great-looking project, I'll update it here.
tony

Postby Distro » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:49 pm

I think you guessed right and English strings are inside the source code…
Distro

Postby Svampen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:12 am

You can also post the fixes here on the forums, either directly as a post or a patch file.
Svampen

Return to Contribute and help the RetroShare project