Example Service

If you want to help the RetroShare team and project, you can do some small tasks. Designers, testers, translators, please come...
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post RetroShare usage related questions.

Example Service

Postby mauricio076 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:21 am

Hi, I'm new to RS and I started by trying the service example because i'm interested in developing a backup service over a dht and the plugins/service feature of RS seems that would suit my needs.

I finally manage to compile all, but now I got stuck on "putting all together" part, I added the code to ApplicationWindow.cpp (wich is on \gui\unfinished and not on \gui as in the tutorial). my question is, what to do now to see that ApplicatioWindow and the dialog I created (or at least the ones that comes by default), do I need to do something special and also on what part of the running application can i access it?.

I'm a really stuck here and the tutorial seems a bit too old, could somebody point me on the right direction?

Cheers,
mauricio076

Re: Example Service

Postby defnax » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:45 am

you must enable "unfinished" in RetroShare.pro

Code: Select all
CONFIG += qt gui uic qrc resources uitools idle bitdht release unfinished
defnax
Site Admin

Re: Example Service

Postby mauricio076 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:08 pm

I made some changes to the examples that might help other to run them when trying to develop something and I would like to upload them, is there a special procedure to do so? also I'm working on a distributed backup and would like to do a branch or something while I'm working on it to keep my changes hopefully it can materialize in an interesting feature later. can someone give me some orientation on the svn rules?
mauricio076

Return to Contribute and help the RetroShare project