Last Contact Field

Old SourceForge Discussion forum that is now archived. Please use one of the other forums.

Last Contact Field

Postby ijourneaux » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:40 pm

What is the purpose of the Last Contact Field? The only time the field seems to go to zero is when I start up Retroshare and a connection is established. I would have though t that this field would stay close to zero as long as the two clients were talking to one another or there was a transfer in progress. For instance right now, a file is being transfered and the last contact is 5000sec
ijourneaux

RE: Last Contact Field

Postby Thomas » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:02 am

It is a timestamp. It is not convertet to a normal Date representation at the moment.
You could calculate it to a real date with this online tool:
http://elmar-eigner.de/tstamps.html

I think this is not much work to fix it, to display a real time. So I will try this tommorow.

greetings
thomas
Thomas

Postby CsoL » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:33 am

@thomas:

I think the point raised here is not the format (it's no big deal to get a real time using Qt::QTime by the way) but rather the fact that the time does not stay at 0 when a connection is ongoing. This may be harder to fix.
CsoL

Postby ijourneaux » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:17 pm

I would have expected that as long as two clients were connected that the time would have stayed close to 0 (as an indication of count down from the last contact) or be the actual time of last contact.

Really, I am trying to understand why, even though Retroshare indicates that the two clients are in contact, (Retroshare indicated Connected but the last contact time is 1000s of seconds) a download that indicates "waiting" on one client doens't appear on the second client. I have to shutdown the client and restart it. Then the download will appear on both clients and the download will resume.
ijourneaux

Postby Thomas » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:32 am

Okay, got it wrong. On my system the last contact field shows the date of the first contact to my friend for this session. It does not get updated even if we are chatting.
Thomas

Return to Developers Corner - Archive