BUG_RS auto changes accepted to deny

Old SourceForge Discussion forum that is now archived. Please use one of the other forums.

BUG_RS auto changes accepted to deny

Postby COIP » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi All,

this happens from time to time on WIN, not so often but I have seen this 2 or 3 times myself, and it happened at a friend also where I got changed to deny.

Now I just discovered that on an Ubuntu 8.0.4.1 install, RS has also changed two friends from accepted to deny, for unknown reasons. I did not notice before since this install is a headless peer.

This has now happened enough times to open a bug report, if one is not already opened.

I have no idea why this happens, it appears that RS simply does this from time to time.

COIP
COIP

RE: BUG_RS auto changes accepted to deny

Postby Dr Bob » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:17 pm

This happens when Retroshare loses its configuration file, or it is not updated before exit.
RS still has their certificate, but it cannot automatically accept them....

There have been a couple of bugs related to this, but I think we've ironed
most of them out. If you can repeatable recreate the bug, then let me know.

DrBob.
Dr Bob

Postby CsoL » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:11 pm

Apearantly, it can also happen that some guys get wiped out from the network tab. I'm pretty sure I had 67 of them some days ago, and now I've only got 61. I'm pretty sure these guys where all marked as "No trust" (they where imported friends of a friend). Is this a feature ? When do these people will come back ?
CsoL

Postby Dr Bob » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:15 pm

You store a list of authenticated peers on your pc.
The rest are friends of friends and only appear once you connected to your common friend(s).
The number in "Your Network" will continually vary.
This is a feature, not a bug.

DrBob.
Dr Bob

Return to Developers Corner - Archive