Compiling in Windows: Errors

RetroShare Development discussion

Re: Compiling in Windows: Errors

Postby Mito » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Hi!

I'm new int this forum. First sorry if I write bad English, is not my language and I admit it, I never got to good score at the English exams. Thanks google translate for make this easy :lol:

I'm trying to compile RS in windows, I'm not a professional developer and I never compiled a big project by myself before (some hello world and other simple tutorials). I'm based in this wiki and I get error when I arrive to:
Code: Select all
cd c:\Qt\RetroShare\Build
make

The error that I get is:
Code: Select all
touch miniupnpc
curl.exe -k https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1h.tar.gz -o openssl-1.0.1h.tar.gz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.openssl.org:443
make: *** [openssl-1.0.1h.tar.gz] Error 35

I can see that is a openssl error, like the error that solved the autor of this thread (that's the reason because I didn't open new thread), but he had "make: *** [openssl] Error 2" and me "Error 35". I searched in Internet and I read something about curl bug with oppenSSL, and it recomended a downgrade "curl" app for solve it. This means that curl.exe provided in "Build.rar" is wrong? I do not feel safe downloading this app (curl), because I think that I can break the process more than it done.
Mito

Previous

Return to Developers Corner