RetroShare needs your help

RetroShare Development discussion

RetroShare needs your help

Postby retroshare » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:27 pm

There are many things that we would like to improve in RetroShare, but that we don't, because we simply don't have enough time. That's why we are currently looking for some help.
Knowledge of C , C++ and or QT programming will certainly be useful, but you don't need to be an expert. Existing RetroShare developers will be able to help you on these projects.
Development Infos:
Developers Corner
Help RetroShare

RetroShare's RoadMap/Projects/Todo:
Projects/Todo
retroshare

Re: RetroShare needs your help

Postby dox » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 pm

I am certainly willing to help, and the first thing I'd like to contribute is the following feature:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1583

Please let me know how best to go about implementing this. Should I just start coding, or...?
dox

Postby linuxdoctor » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:55 am

I am new to Retro share and I like what I see. However, it was quite a pain getting it to compile properly on my Fedora x86_64 desktop and my Fedora i686 laptop (svn rev 5112). I'd like to help clean up the Qt project files and implement changes to whatever other files are necessary to permit compilation on as wide a range of Linux systems as possible. I've already made these changes but still requires some cleaning up to make sure it can compile cleanly on both systems. I've also got a number of other distros running under VBox so I can test to make sure it can compile on all of these systems.

If you're interested in this effort, I can submit a set of patches once I'm done. How do I go about doing this?
linuxdoctor

Postby apoapo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:26 pm

apoapo

Postby vernocte » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:57 am

Hi!

I would love to help with my limited abilities but i have some trouble getting in contact with developers (can't seem to figure out how to add key provided on support and mail provided no response so far, i might just be too impatient). I would be glad if someone could introduce me to community and help me set up everything i need...

J. R.
vernocte

Postby heini » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:49 pm

You can go to http://retroshare.rocks and connect to some chat server(s).
heini

Return to Developers Corner