[STICKY] Non-crippling bugs / Feature Requests ~ 0.5.3b

Technical RetroShare discussions Forum

[STICKY] Non-crippling bugs / Feature Requests ~ 0.5.3b

Postby dox » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Please put any feature requests or non-crippling (i.e. doesn't crash the program entirely) bugs here.

Not the thread to ask questions about something you are unsure of.

Please only put 100% confirmed bugs or feature requests here.

Also, please include which platform (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac) you are on, which version (XP, Win 7, Snow Leopard, Lion, Hardy Heron, etc.) and whether you are a using 32-bit or 64-bit architecture. To prevent this thread from becoming so long as to be unmanageable, if you have more than one feature request or bug report, please go back and edit any earlier post you made in the thread rather than putting two posts in this thread.

Here is my own list thus far, which I will edit as I find additional issues:
  • CTRL-I should italicize, NOT indent when composing messages
  • Hotkeys of all kinds should be user-customizable
  • More docs on plugin scheme, please
  • Key exchanges MUST be easier; notify friends when you add them
    > For more than one reason, there should NEVER be a one-way trust relationship with friends
    > If there ISN'T currently the capacity for a one-way "friendship", don't lie to me and say they are friends if they aren't
  • Let me choose my default fonts for chat and message composition, please
  • Double-clicking usernames in chat mode has no effect
  • Chat lobby replication between all users who are members of that chat room
  • File replication / DFS root shares of some kind (including or via MD5 checksum)
  • Share locations need more granularity in terms of how data is shared with groups
  • Include a "lite" version for people who aren't interested in building a super-secret darknet
    > Or at least let new installers choose between private and public nets
  • Message distribution lists, please (especially to groups)
  • Better data on message read status (especially when composing via BCC)
  • Conversation view and follow-up flags for messages similar to Gmail or Outlook
  • Better file attachment mechanism for messages
  • Select multiple users when adding to friends or to groups / paste multiple keys at once
  • Something is seriously broken with key trust validation (everyone shows up as unknown; sigs not recognized)
  • Drag and drop friends when doing groups; don't open the group when I add someone to it
  • Import/export all (or any combination of) friends, keys and configurations to a flat file
  • The GPG engine is being invoked for WAY too many things and needs to be run in a separate low-priority forked process
  • If I can't send someone a message because they aren't authenticated both ways, don't put them in my address list

Happy to help work these out with anyone interested in developing RetroShare further for their platform (or all platforms).

retroshare://person?name=Dox&hash=D459E974C7FE86FB
dox

Re: [STICKY] Non-crippling bugs / Feature Requests ~ 0.5.3b

Postby defnax » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 am

[*] Key exchanges MUST be easier; notify friends when you add them
> For more than one reason, there should NEVER be a one-way trust relationship with friends
> If there ISN'T currently the capacity for a one-way "friendship", don't lie to me and say they are friends if they aren't

About notify friends,
my idea was like to display each Friend reqeuest as Message in Inbox or a own box for Friendship,
another idea is a group Item in Friendslist
defnax
Site Admin

Return to Technical RetroShare discussion