Bandwidth throttling bugged

Technical RetroShare discussions Forum

Bandwidth throttling bugged

Postby marameo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 am

RS take a lot of bandwidth for unknown reason, even when there is no file transfers
In the options->server, I set only 128 kB/s for download and 4 kB/s for upload, but i have a lot of communications and bandwidth often exceeds (more than double!) the configured value.
When this happen, i have problems with other protocol, browser and newsreader very slow and sometimes i got time out. :|

My PC is fast (Core2Duo e8400) and very clean, winXP with no other networking sw, no antivirus, no firewall.
My line is fast and stable, other P2P software run without problem, my Draytek Vigor2130 can handle 16K connections.
marameo

Re: Bandwidth throttling bugged

Postby apoapo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 am

Most probably DHT traffic. Could you try disabling DHT in the options and use "Private: Discovery only" instead?

If that solves your problem DHT connections are not counted into the upload limit. That would be a bug imo.

Please report back

Cheers
apoapo
apoapo

Postby Distro » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:27 pm

I was told by a developer that it was hard to predict DHT bandwidth usage, and so RS sometimes consumes more bandwidth than expected.
Distro

Postby marameo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 am

apoapo wrote:DHT connections are not counted into the upload limit. That would be a bug imo.

Bingo! Once DHT connections are disabled it works fine... ehm well :mrgreen:
marameo

Return to Technical RetroShare discussion