RetroShare without the Internet

Technical RetroShare discussions Forum

RetroShare without the Internet

Postby Morfei » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Hello

Is it possible to run without an external IP retroshare?

There is a LAN and one LAN. Access to the Internet does not. Is it possible to work retroshare in this situation?

Thank you.
Morfei

Re: RetroShare without the Internet

Postby apoapo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Uh, i don't get your point. Could you try to explain it again?

RS works on LAN. Currently there is no way to deny WAN access. But RS will stay offline as long as you activate "dark net" and disable all relayfunctions in the options. Your friends must be on the same LAN and not go online from another location (with a laptop e.g.).

As soon as a friend is online from another place your RS would try to connect via internet with each other.

Additionally you could always block RS from accessing the internet through iptables/firewall solutions.
apoapo

Postby Morfei » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 am

Access to the Internet users do not have. Exchange occurs within the network, DC. Most of users find it hard to configure clients DCs, and not that the firewall set up.

It is becoming more urgent and relevant exchange in local network. Maybe it is possible to do a separate assembly for local networks?
The initial list of friends to download the file, and then the other to collect lists of friends, to increase the network. In urban setya nobody cares what the Internet. Enough users within the network.

DC was not relevant. Detained for 3 people. And then it is better not to be. Possible financial assistance to help solve the problem. If you can help, then let me know.

Sorry for the English, a translation of google
Morfei

Postby NyvenZA » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:26 pm

We have a similar setup where I am. We have a distributed Wireless network that is not connected to the internet. The problem is that some of the clients do have separate internet connections and as soon as they run the retroshare client it keeps trying to connect through the internet. The Firewall config is a bit of a mission with so many people.

I have tried this configuration with no success yet. http://sourceforge.net/p/retroshare/fea ... quests/97/

Any other suggestions?
NyvenZA

Postby alice » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 am

to mark them as retroshare keys or for what reason?
since forcing parts of the pub-key to be a certain string doesn't make things more secure
alice

Return to Technical RetroShare discussion