Help wanted for Translations

Everything related to RetroShare translations: new translations, corrections, ...

Re: Help wanted for Translations

Postby Svampen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm

waseihou wrote:Hm, I need to know where I should put retroshare_cs.qm file to see how the translation looks like. I can't translate it well withou seeing it in application, as some of our words are quite specific when translated from English. I tried /lang /language /translations directories and nothing worked. I'm running the application on linux. Is it somehow possible to force the application to use different .qm file?

You would have to recompile RS: ... ur_changes

Postby waseihou » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Well, I have recompiled it by hand. For some reason it has 37.3MB instead of 9.2MB, but it seems to work anyway. I have made a little hack for myself to make life easier, in file languagesupport.cpp, I have made this change to loading language file from a file relative to application path:

Code: Select all
  qtTranslation = QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath() + "/translations/retroshare_" + languageCode + ".qm";
  if (QFile::exists(qtTranslation) && retroshareTranslator->load(qtTranslation)) {
  } else if (retroshareTranslator->load(":/lang/retroshare_" + languageCode + ".qm")) {
  } else {
    delete retroshareTranslator;
    retroshareTranslator = NULL;
    result = false;

I have created a directory translations and a link to retroshare_cs.qm somewhere in my home direcotry and now I should hopefully be able to translate it with QT Linguist without needing any recompilation :D

BTW I have problem with uploading new translation as a backup on transifex, if I click that I don't get the option. I remember it used to work...

Postby Senpai » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:50 pm

In version 0.5. 4b, is there help file?, they are planning to translate it to other languages, as you can do?

A greeting

Postby waseihou » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:35 am

I believe it would be good to add the change I have tried (code above) to RetroShare so that anyone can translate and test the translation without recompiling, which is annoying and unnecessary. Most of good applications allow to load translation file anyway, so this is a must.

Postby thunder2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Thank you.
Your code was added in revision 5664.

Return to Translations