need a language neutral build ?

Everything related to RetroShare translations: new translations, corrections, ...

need a language neutral build ?

Postby xtoto » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 am

Hi folks, I am working on the Chinese translation. It's nearly half done. So I guess it might be the right time to take a test drive.
After placing the compiled qm into translation folder and restarted retroshare. I found that that the GUI only update the untranslated string, the old translations persisted.
It turns out that restroshare.exe has already embeded the old translation, which overrides my translation. ( emptying the translation folder doesn't affect restroshare's gui language setting. )
The problem is that most of the old chinese (zh_CN) translation is most likely directly converted from zh_TW translation. It needs polishing and correction.
Plus some of the feature like blog, gaming seems unavailable in the current beta version.
Is there a language-neutral and up-to-date binary build which will enable translators to fully test their translation? Please help !
xtoto

Re: need a language neutral build ?

Postby Svampen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:55 pm

The OP has already received advice to his problem, but for others wondering:
http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... ranslation

Since RetroShare build 5682, it is possible to see your changes without compiling. In Qt Linguist, simply select File - Release as.. and save the .qm file in the RetroShare translations subfolder. If you are checking a German translation for example, the name of the file would have to be qt_de.qm. Replace the "de" with your corresponding language code.
Svampen

Re: need a language neutral build ?

Postby defnax » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 am

Svampen wrote:Since RetroShare build 5682, it is possible to see your changes without compiling. In Qt Linguist, simply select File - Release as.. and save the .qm file in the RetroShare translations subfolder. If you are checking a German translation for example, the name of the file would have to be qt_de.qm. Replace the "de" with your corresponding language code.

it must be:
retroshare_*.qm

qt_*.qm is used for Qt default Widget translations and not for RetroShare translations
defnax
Site Admin

Return to Translations